Tuesday, December 31, 2013

11 Questions with Matt Nadel

Baseball is a sport that is rich in history, while talking about trade rumors and free agent signings is great, the history of Baseball has an even greater story. Matt Nadel is another kid blogger who loves Baseball history.
His Blog "Baseball with Matt" (http://baseballwithmatt.blogspot.com/) tells the story about the games past.
Launched in April 2012, Baseball with Matt is a must read for Baseball Fans!

Niko(Pepper)-I recently asked him some questions, here is what I came up with:

Niko- Before your Baseball blogging career, how much interest did you have in Baseball, when did you become a "true" fan?
Matt- I didn't have as much interest in baseball before I started blogging but I did have somewhat of an interest in the sport. I probably became a true fan after the Yankees lost the 2007 ALDS to the Indians. I watched the games with my dad and it really got me interested in the game.

Niko-Who is you favorite player you interviewed and why?
2. My favorite player I interviewed was probably Jim Palmer, the Hall of Fame pitcher for the Orioles. He was my first interview with a Hall of Famer and he was so nice and engaged in the conversation. It was really fun to talk to him. 

Niko-What's the best part about writing your blog?

3. The best part about writing my blog is that I get to report about the greatest sport in the world. It's always really exciting to sit down at the computer and think to myself: "What topic do I write about next?"

Niko-Of all the games in Major League history, which is your favorite and why?

4. My favorite game would probably have to be Game Six of the 1993 World Series. Joe Carter's walk-off home run and Paul Molitor's excellent hitting performance really excited me when I watched a recap of the game on MLB Network.

Niko- In your opinion who is the best Manager in Baseball?

5. The best manager in baseball currently is Joe Maddon of the Rays. He took a horrible team and turned them into winners and they've been excellent ever since they made the World Series in 2008. Of all time, the best manager is Casey Stengel. He won so many pennants with his Yankee squads that it just doesn't make sense how a team could be so good.


Niko- If you could go back in time to interview or meet one person that played Baseball, who would it be?

6. I would love to sit down and interview Lou Gehrig. He was such a great player, but very quiet. I would love to know what is going on inside that head of his.


Niko-What is your opinion on the Biogenesis scandal?

7. I don't like the fact that players are using steroids. It's just not right and it's definitely not good for the game of baseball.

Niko- Now I know your a Yankee fan, so what's your favorite moment at Yankee Stadium?

8. I attended Game One of the 2009 World Series, the first Fall Classic game at the new house. The atmosphere was amazing and I was just thinking: "Wow. I'm experiencing history." I also got to meet Derek Jeter at the old house on August 16, 2008. I will never forget that date.


Niko- Any predictions for the 2014 season?

9. NL pitchers: watch out for Paul Goldschmidt. He is going to hurt you badly when you least expect it. Also, watch out for the Mariners. They might not win the division but they will certainly win more games than in recent years. 

Niko-What's your favorite part about Cooperstown NY?


10. My favorite part of Cooperstown is the Hall of Fame. Specifically, I love the room with all the plaques of the HoFers. It's so cool to see the history of baseball all in one room.
 Niko- And Finally, what do you hope to accomplish in the next couple of years with your Blog?

11. In the next couple of years, I hope to become more successful and more appreciated throughout the blogging community. I love writing about the game of baseball and I just want to continue doing this.

Thanks again Matt for the interview!
Dont forget to check out "Baseball With Matt" http://baseballwithmatt.blogspot.com/

14 comments: