Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Calling all Knuckleball pitchers!

Hello everyone! Being a Mets fan since 2006 has taught me two things. Don't expect the Mets to meet your expectations, and the "superstar" player that we sign in the offseason isn't going to be that amazing. The Mets have been a lightning in a bottle, type team for quite some time now, and I feel its time they finally make a move. RA Dickey is a prime example, he is a great player, and he has a great heart. I recommend reading his excellent book "Wherever I Wind Up" By RA Dickey. I read his book last summer, I  related to it.  I'm fourteen but rarely ever go to church, except for when i go with my grandmother. RA says the exact same thing in his book. He is the last of his kind, and it scares me. My favorite part of watching Dickey is seeing that ball dance in the strikezone. So here is  my worry, With no Wakefield how many Knuckleball pitchers will be left? MLB Networks "The Next Knuckler" tried to promote the pitch, i don't know the results but I hope it worked. I love the knuckleball, it mystifies me, and I don't want to see it be forgotten. Best of luck to RA Dickey and the Toronto Blue Jays in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment