Monday, January 20, 2014

Baseball Thoughts


Well I would openly like to apologize to the viewers since we did not have a show this weekend. We will have a show before Wednesday. Though today was a hockey day for me, I did get the chance to tour the Nassau Coliseum and talk Baseball. I asked some Islanders fans about how much they like baseball. Most people say Baseball takes stats to seriously, while some say Baseball is hard to understand. While looking at the Islanders schedule I noticed that every NHL team has a 2 week break during the Winter Olympics. Before Baseball got "kicked off" the Summer Olympics, there was no break for the Games. This meant minor league and Independent league type players were playing. I wonder if they took a break (which would let major league players play) if the rantings would go up. Since I never really watched the 2008 Summer Olympics, I don't know what they were like. I did however watch Baseballs new international competition, The World Baseball Classic. The Classic is held every four years in March. The next WBC will be in 2016-2017. As a side note, happy MLK day!

3 comments:

  1. Come on! I put my inbox question now I want a show! Today please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do a show! Its so much better than ESPN's five minuite of coverage.My whole family loves the Pepper Show. My dad who works for a Seattle sports cable network thinks you guys have a future in Baseball broadcasting/hosting. Also when is Tanakas deadline?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything has its value. Thanks for sharing this informative information with us. GOOD works! 안전사이트

    ReplyDelete