Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pepper 30: New York Mets (Mets Flash)

The last week, I've been giving my Mets Flash readers a Mets roster projection. I have converted that into a Pepper30, the last Pepper 30 for the NY Mets. Also, im sorry if I didn't get to your team. I did around 20 Pepper30's this year, and will try to do all 30 next year.

Well here it is!:
I believe the Mets Starting Rotation will look a little bit like this:
1. Jon Niese
2. Zack Wheeler
3.Dillon Gee
4. Bartolo Colon
5. John Lannan or Daisuke Matsusaka
Report= B+
The Rotation is good, yet I think people are overvaluing Colon. He is a number #4 pitcher at best, and has very little stamina. I believe Lannan wins the battle for the Fifth Starter, as I truly dont like Dice-K's stuff.
Bullpen:
Carlos Torres
Scott Rice
Kyle Farnsworth
Jose Valverde
Vic Black
Bobby Parnell
(The loser of the #5)
Report: A-
I think the bullpen is a strength of this years Mets Club, Valverde was a steal, because if he can find his pitch, he can be dominant.
Catchers:
Anthony Recker
Travis D'arnaud
report : B
D'Arnaud's offense was mediocre last year, but if he can give us 15 HR's I will be satisfied.
Well that's all for today, I'll give you Part 2 later this week.
Here's two notes:
Come MLB Season, expect two posts daily, a Pre and Post review. Until then posts will be on a once a week basis.
Infielders:
1B Lucas Duda
2B Daniel Murphy 
SS Wilmer Flores
3B David Wright
Review: A
This Infield is really good. Though we could potentially have a different 1B and SS, I believe that this is the best alignment. It's time for the Mets to move on from Ike. I'm sick of seeing Davis struggle in Spring. Enough is enough eventually. Also Tejada seriously needs to hit in Spring Training. Tejada's average needs to be above 250, and that's mediocre at best! 
Outfielders:
LF Eric Young Jr
CF Chris Young
RF Curtis Granderson
Review: B+
The additions of Young and Granderson will certainly help the Mets cause. I hope Lagares makes the team as a back up if he doesn't start. I like him on the Mets.
Bench:
IF-Josh Satin
C- Anthony Recker ( last post)
OF- Juan Lagares
OF- Matt DenDekker
IF- Omar Q.
Review- C+
I will be going to Spring Training next weekend, 2 of the 3 will be Mets games, will post pictures! 
Dont forget to check out Mets Flash here (LINK)

No comments:

Post a Comment